Playing Videos on my NEW macbook Pro (late 08)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mussafry, Nov 12, 2008.

1. mussafry macrumors newbie

I recently bought the MacBook pro, 15 inch. And i realised when i watch videos, if i ever so slightly just move the laptop, the video kind of freezes for a few seconds. I don't know why. When i watch a movie and the laptop is sitting on my bed, i have to stay still the whole movie so that the movie plays smoothly.

When i mean freezes, im talking about for 2-3 seconds at the most, but it is still very annoying.

Now, this didn't happen on my old MacBook Pro (17") so does any1 know why this is happening?

Thanks
    -Mussafry

2. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

I would say that maybe something is wrong internally I would have it checked out it might be nothing but still better be safe than sorry with this and with a new mac book the problem might get worse down the road

3. guitarmaster18 macrumors regular

guitarmaster18

Hm...

Your sudden motion sensor is probably too sensitive. It was designed to protect the harddrive in the event of a fall or sudden jolt. It docks the harddrive head to protect against a head crash, so I would guess that your sensor is too sensitive and is docking the harddrive head while you're watching a movie, thereby making the movie skip.

4. mussafry thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyway to fix this? The thing is i bought the laptop online and theres no Apple store in my city, but there is a best buy. And i dont have time to send it to Apple and wait for an answer

5. APPLEPOTUS macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

I have a macbook pro upgraded with a 7200 rpm hard drive. I thought the issue came from the hardrive. But I saw a post saying it may come from the RAM. In that case, removing the RAM and putting it back in should do the trick.

But if it comes from the sensor, it means, in the best case scenario, we'll have to wait for a fix from apple.