Playing World Of Warcraft on my Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Leet Apple, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

My Mac Runs WoW Smoothly but the major problem is that it gets HOT very quick. I keep SMCfancontrol running at 4000 rpm but it still increases to get hot...what can i do to keep the temperature in the 50s

2. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Put something cooling underneath your MBP.

The MBP has always been a lap scorcher when it comes to playing games. If you're playing it on a desk, just make sure it gets good ventilation and you should have no problems.

3. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

WoW makes my computer run very hot as well. I run my fans at 6000 rpm when I play. I also have a cooling pad that I use.

4. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

I also run 6k RPM for when I have WoW up. It runs very smooth, and the system stays VERY cool when I run on that setting. Granted, I have my graphics turned down to about middle of the road and I use a Belkin Cushtop when I use my MBP on my lap. Gives some hight as well as keeps the heat off my legs and lets a little more air flow around the computer.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Unless you start dropping liquid nitrogen on your computer as you're playing, that's not happening.

Your computer can handle temps upwards of 100C, why don't you just ramp up your fans if you feel the need, play, and stop worrying about it? Your temps are well within operating range and you're not damaging anything.

6. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

4000 rpm isnt much for gaming, i'd crank it up to 5k at least

7. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Exactly.
    Your computer will take care of itself if it gets too hot - it's not going to light up in flames

8. syan48306 macrumors 6502a

syan48306

I've got a 9600GT and when I play my system gets up in the mid to high 80's. The case gets so hot sometimes I have put a piece of cloth on the left palm rest just to prevent my palm from getting sweaty.

Oh and ofc, both my fans automatically ramp up to 6k rpm.

Just live with it :/

9. nonameowns macrumors regular

limit the fps to 30

/console maxfps 30
    set ur graphic to low (if you whine about sucky graphic, ****. get a gaming pc for that)

rpm will be 4-5k

10. Leet Apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I Guess I'll kick up my Fans to 6k RPM, i was just concerned if that was good for the Fans