Playing xbox 360 through mb/mbp screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wallace86, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Wallace86 macrumors regular

is there any software that allows you to do this, such as those things that let you turn your computer into a tv or something?

2. Golcondio macrumors member

I'm sure I read somewhere you must stick a Zune into any orifice in the XBox, and then wirelessly connect to a MBA...:D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I do not believe this is possible, otherwise I'm sure it'd be widely publicised.

4. ethernet76 macrumors 6502a

5. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

yea, i know i've seen simular things for pc which allow you to play and record your console games....although i don't think it would be in HD (at least on the mac one) since it has only an anaolog cable

i just poo'd my pants laughing haha

6. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

using a tv tuner or any other kind of plugin for gaming, it will be useless and unplayable from the lag.

7. Browzilla macrumors member

One of the editors of a blog I read gave a good review to the eyeTV products. The specific one he reviewed was, I believe, the Hybrid. I've heard lots of good things about them, you might want to check it out.

8. matperk macrumors 6502

the hybrid works great with a 360, but you only get composite video. No high def.

9. Wallace86 thread starter macrumors regular

no high def rules that idea out then. if it was, i would be tempted to get the 17" hd mbp and get rid of my 40" hdtv, lol.

10. murc585 macrumors regular

yeah, as long as you get a tv tuner with "game mode" to eiminate lag, but yeah, i don;t think any of them can do that with an hd signal yet, you;d get some lag and its going to look like garbage in sd. I'm running one on my 22" at 1680x1050 and I ahve to run it at 1280x1024 widescreen mode thought the vga adapter, and it looks even a little fuzzy at that rez.