Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
All the most played and several other play lists on my iPhone are all wrong, the one on my iPhone has songs I played like once or songs I have never even played on my iPhone, and the songs I play the most are not on the most played lists.

All and all the play lists are all funky

UPDATE: I just checked and it seems that the playlists are opposite of what they are supposed to be, like the recently added one has the oldest songs on my iPhone

christall109

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
I actually have this EXACT same problem.

This has been a problem ever since I got my iPhone in September. I thought it was just a software mistake and thought it would go away after updating iTunes and the iPhone Firmware (even after restores). However, the problem did not go away and is kind of annoying.

Is this a defect to all iPhones or just ours?

Any help would be appreciated.

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK
I think its the case for most of us.

I ended up making a smart playlist in iTunes called iPhone most played, and set it to show the least played songs. That way on the iPhone it shows as your most played songs.

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
it used to be just last played songs, but after the 1.1.2 update every playlist is messed up. i use the recently added playlist a lot and it's so annoying...

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
yeah me too- I have my "top 25 most played" playlist set to sync, and while the correct music makes it to the phone, the playlist has entirely random songs in it when accessed from the phone

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
i fixed it with a simple setting in iTunes, but i forgot what I did, I will let you guys know tomorrow what I did because im having some problems with my mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.