Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Belm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
I just got a 32GB iPod touch the other day and I put my playlists on it and everything is fine but the "Top 25 Most Played" playlist just has random songs and not the right songs at all. Anyone else have this problem?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I just got a 32GB iPod touch the other day and I put my playlists on it and everything is fine but the "Top 25 Most Played" playlist just has random songs and not the right songs at all. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. Everyone's having this problem since iTunes 9/iPod Touch 3.1.x. We are all waiting for Apple to get around to fixing this bug. In the meanwhile, the work around I use is to make a second smart playlist and set it to "Playlist is Top 25 Most Played," then sync that playlist to the iPod. I've also heard that unchecking Live Updating works, but that defeats the purpose of having a smart playlist.

Belm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that. Besides that, this iPod is awesome. I love it!

AngelRinoa88

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2009
The same thing happens with my itouch. I upgraded to 3.1.2 an that playlist's just random. o_O frustrating...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.