Playlists and Main Library

Discussion in 'iPod' started by kas, Jul 9, 2007.

1. kas macrumors newbie

Is there a way to have the Main Library of Music show which songs have been added to various playlists I have created?

2. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

OK, this will suck if you have a lot of playlists, but try this:

Make a smart playlist where:

"Playlist" is "pick a playlist from the dropdown" +

...until all your playlists are included.

This would at least give you one big playlist made up of all the songs in all playlists.

Then, presumably you could shift-select them all, take "get info", and put something in the "grouping" field (assuming you're not using it already) like "playlist track".

You now have a "grouping" tag set for all tracks that appear on a playlist somewhere.

3. kas thread starter macrumors newbie

I am SO new to how this web page works, but I would like to thank you so much for your helpful idea! I tried it and it does exactly what I want. Cool!

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

An easier way to do this is to create a folder in iTunes (File->New Folder). Then, move all of your playlists into this folder. Now, when you highlight the folder on the left hand side of the iTunes window it will show you all the songs that are contained in the playlists held inside that folder.

5. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Jeeszz.. that is easier. Thanks, swiftaw.

You know, I'm more than a little embarrassed to say I've never used folders and more than once have complained that my long list of playlists runs off the screen so it's difficult to drag songs to them.

Ugh... I gotta go start making folders now. :eek: