Playlists just not downloading

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by thedon1, Sep 26, 2015.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I've had an Apple created playlist on my iPod for a little while, then yesterday all of the downloads just seemed to have gone so i can't listen in offline mode.

I then removed the playlist to the music and added it again, clicked on download songs. Nothing happens.

Any ideas?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Nope. It's just one of the many bugs in Apple Music. It's been around since it launched and still exists in iOS 9.0.1. Maybe Apple will eventually fix it, not holding my breath though.

3. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was really hoping iOS 9.0 would have some major Apple Music bug fixes but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case.

4. Lushchicken macrumors newbie

I am currently troubleshooting this issue with Apple Support and am about to send them some screen shots. I can only download playlists with up to 500 songs. After that, clicking the 'Make available offline' button just does nothing. Sometimes the 'Available offline' badge appears on the playlist cover art for a couple of seconds. Bigger playlists sometimes start downloading but then get stuck after a while. The download never completes. All I can do then is cancel the download, but that usually doesn't work either. The whole thing is beyond frustrating but I'm incredibly stubborn and not ready to give up on Apple Music just yet. I really need the offline capability, as mobile data still costs a ton in Switzerland and the data caps are low.