Playlists keep on repeating .....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Moon The Loon, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Moon The Loon macrumors newbie

the iPod function on my 3G iPhone has gone a bit crazy. I create a Playlist, hit the shuffle button and it keeps repeating the same song over and over. Any ideas. Thx

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Do you have more than one song in the playlist?

3. The General macrumors 601

My guess is that you're using the repeat button instead of the shuffle button.

Shuffle:
    [​IMG]

Repeat:
    [​IMG]
    Tap twice for repeat 1.

4. Moon The Loon thread starter macrumors newbie

thx for feedback

yes i have multiple songs on the playlist. when i go to PLAYLIST on the screen appears the four playlists that i have created (On-The-Go, Purchased, Killer Playlist, On-The-Go 1), i select say for example Killer Playlist and at the top of the screen I see SHUFFLE, hit that, the first (random) song starts playing, and playing and playing .......... when i click the >> button on the screen, it goes to the next song on the playlist. Help pls !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

When playing a song, the album artwork shows. Tap on the album cover once, and you'll see iPod controls to move forward or backward in the song. To the left of that slider control is the Repeat control (2 arrows going in a circular motion). If you see that icon with a "1" on it, that's why it's repeating that song over and over. Tap that icon once or twice to get the plain Repeat icon without the 1, and all of your songs should repeat.

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

As the General said you've probably enabled repeat.

Touch the screen once to bring up the controls (the album art will get darker and you'll have tiny buttons in the left and right top corners.) touch the repeat button until it is no longer blue. I normally change mine so it is blue, but doesn't have the little 1 on it. If it has the 1 it will keep repeating one song, if it's just blue it will repeat the whole playlist when it's done.

7. Moon The Loon thread starter macrumors newbie

relief

Guys - we are done - thx for sorting this - Moon