Playstation 2 Controller and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kolax, Nov 21, 2007.

1. kolax macrumors G3

Heres the problem. My flat mate has two Playstation 2 controller's and a USB adapter so we can plug them into our laptops. Trouble is, the adapter allows both controllers to be plugged into just one USB port.

For some reason, my Mac only sees one controller, not them both as separate controllers. The software my flat mate got with the adapter is Windows only, so I'm kinda stumped to get them both working on my Mac.

Has anyone found a work around to get this working? I'm missing out on playing multiplayers on my N64 emulator!

2. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

3. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

Well, if the software is Windows only, it seems impossible for even one controller to work.

I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but if it's Windows only, they you will need to install Windows to make it work.:) You could use Parallels or Fusion so that you don't need to dual boot. Or you could try Crossover Mac which doesn't require Windows, but only supports a limited number of apps. I think they all have free trials available so you can try Crossover first and then go from there. Here is some more info regarding Windows on a Mac: http://www.macwindows.com/emulator.html

But the fact that you say one of the controllers works is pretty puzzling. You could just buy another adapter and plug one controller into each one.

4. kolax thread starter macrumors G3

I find it strange how the controller worked - all functions were reconised by the Mac.

I might just have to buy another adapter.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

what adapter? i may want to get one as well

they do sell the usb ps2 controllers too

6. darren8448 macrumors newbie

i have a ps2 contoller and converter, but my imac wont recognize it.
    does anyone know where i could find the driver for it