PlayStation 2 tiny fan adapted to iMac G5 ALS 2.0ghs 20 inch

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by patriciooholegu, Sep 11, 2015.

1. patriciooholegu macrumors member

I think this is a cool mod you may do to your iMac G5.
    Maybe too late, since as being alot of ears since this computers are on the world.
    But i know alot of people still like it to use it, and since i bought one a few weeks early, i decided that this mod is a great idea.
    As the title says, i grabbed a stock small fan from a PlayStation 2 and fithed inside my iMac .
    I saw a few mods like this on google, but those wore about cutting and drilling the back of the body to adapt a full size PC fan to it.
    Very drastic, but also dramatic to aestetics.
    So since i have decided that in the near future i will make this a "NUC inside a iMac" project, but not inmediatly, until then should be a great ide to improve cooling inside this beats without alter the outside great looking of it.
    The good thing about this mod is that you DONT have to alter the external aestetics of the iMac. Actually was not too dificult, and any time i want i'm able to make thing like they was on the beginnig.
    Without much more to say, mostly because im not a very good English writer, the next pictures talk alot from himself.
    Enjoy. Use. Coment.

Attached Files:

2. patriciooholegu thread starter macrumors member

Continued

Attached Files:

3. patriciooholegu thread starter macrumors member

Continued

Attached Files:

4. patriciooholegu thread starter macrumors member

Continued.
    The result is:

A little bit of noise aded, great temps all the time!!

Attached Files: