Playstation 3 and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Talev, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Talev macrumors newbie

Hey I was wondering if you can stream the Mac as a media server on your PS3 just like how it does on Windows for Windows Media Player....

2. pmcmvp macrumors member

3. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

I liked it enough to buy it, if that helps. It worked well even on my 400MHz G4 (it's on my main machine now though). They used to have a demo; try it out.

4. pmcmvp macrumors member

Yes i tried out the trial. Looks pretty good and will probably buy it. I created another post to see if it will work with a HP Media Server. If you can help me in that post that would be helpful! =P

Thanks for the quick response!

5. pmcmvp macrumors member

PrincessPeach,

Did you have to connect your PS3 hard wired to your router to play anything properly?

6. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I bought it. It's the best app out there right now. EASILY worth the $20.

7. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If it anything like the xbox 360 version it is defiantly worth buying. Works seamlessly!!!

8. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

pmcmvp:

Unfortunately I have a first edition 20GB PS3 (Japanese) and it has no wireless hardware at all, so I've only ever been able to use it wired anyway. I can't test with wireless at all unless I get a new PS3!

I use it wired through a hub to my router. I could test it with the PS3 wired and the Mac wireless if that is useful information for you?

9. pmcmvp macrumors member

it would be but it will not matter, Im going to buy it once I get my PS3 wired up anyways, ill see for myself =P

10. aswissa41 macrumors newbie

How can I use my WD passport with PS3 AND Time Machine?

Hi - Avid reader, first post!
    I just got a PS3, and i'd like to find out how i can connect a 500gb WD Passport to it (to play music, movies, photos, etc). Additionally, i'd like to use it as my Time Machine Drive. And the final caveat, i'd like for it to be read by both PC and Mac.
    Someone suggested converting it to FAT32 before i put any data on it, and that it would work on all these levels, though i have a feeling Time Machine wont fly on that...
    Thoughts?

11. psxguru macrumors 6502a