Playstation 3 Frequent Freezes...

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Soulstorm, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

It is happening a lot to me lately. Basically, it started today, with Devil May Cry 4. I start the game, and it always freezes in the first mission, at a random point. Mostly is in the loading screen. I have reinstalled the game with no luck.
    This has happened at least 10 times.

Any ideas?

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Has it happened with any other games? You may have a bad disc if its only with DMC4. If it happens with other games you could have a blu ray drive issue, or a overheating issue. Though typically overheating is a freeze followed by the red light just blinking at you (when you try to power on the system again). Make sure your PS3 has enough room to breathe, try other games, if it continues call Sony. Out of warranty support/repair will cost you less than buying a new one.

3. evan g macrumors regular

Yeah I have that happen every 6 months or so to me, but that's because the screen dips to much from like taking too many little point bubbles in LBP at once.

But it may be DMC4 too.

4. Gilgam macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with DMC 4 a little while ago, it was constantly freezing even if the disk was clean... I discovered that it froze only when I had background downloads active, maybe it's the same for you (but really not sure about it). Please note that I only had that trouble with DMC 4.

Hope it helps :)

5. evan g macrumors regular

Hmm... ^ same here... Now that I think about it I have been having some freezing issues, that may be whats going on...

6. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Yeah background downloads seem to be a bit of an issue, I just don't think the hard drive or system bus is the best thing in the world. I don't ever make the mistake of trying to download stuff and install a game at the same time.

7. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

At least yours just freezes. Mine totally died. 2 weeks after getting it it just went dead. I got it off ebay so I didn't have a copy of the original receipt to get a replacement.

Last sony product (excluding their pro audio headphones) that I will ever purchase.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sometimes you take a risk buying of ebay, should of called it in and you might of gotten a free repair.

I never had a problem with freezing except for certain games taking the whole console hostage.

Op, did you try any other game?

Bless

9. evan g macrumors regular

Well not that it's a bad decision or anything, because I definately don't blame you, but just for the record, it's not like the PS3 is the only console that rolls over and dies... :p