Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BitwiseSolutions

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2016
icon.png
We're pleased to announce the release of PlayCast for iOS.

PlayCast is a Sony Playstation 4 remote play client for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, that allows you to stream your games directly to your iOS device with high definition video and extremely low input lag. With PlayCast you can enjoy your PS4 games remotely, whether in another room away from the TV, or even while away from home by streaming over the internet.

PlayCast features include:
  • Supports HD 720p video at 60 frames per second
  • Control games with any MFi game controller, or the built in virtual on-screen controller
  • Very low input latency
  • Play your PS4 from anywhere via remote play over the internet
  • Customise the virtual on-screen controller to your liking
  • Quick and easy one-time setup, start playing within seconds
PlayCast is available now on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/playcast-remote-play-for-ps4/id1130455449?ls=1&mt=8

For further information, please see the PlayCast website: http://bitwise.hk/playcast

A few screenshots of PlayCast:

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
For anyone looking at this app, I was on the beta test it is fantastic and works very well indeed, even with fast paced online games. I'm in no way associated with the developers (I still have to buy the release from the app store!). My testing was done on an iPad Air 2 with the Steelseries Nimbus MFI controller.

Racing games are notorious for showing lag on remote play type services with this there was no slow down on Rocket League or Driveclub whilst playing over the internet for a good few hours.

Just the sort of app iOS and Playstation need!

nonottufts

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2016
Can anyone recommend a MiFi controller that has compatibility with all ds4 inputs? I have the Nimbus, but it doesn't seem to respond to L3/R3 presses.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.