Playstation 4 Remote Play

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Remote Play has been updated to support Mac and PC (Windows 8 upwards). Has anyone else tried it? I'm impressed with the results! It maxes out at 720p and you can see compression artefacts, but, it works! I had a round of Star Wars Battlefront and managed to play the same - though some distant objects were difficult to see. It's still a few frames behind but no more than playing with post-processing enabled on a TV.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Doesn't seem to support mouse/keyboard with games that do :(

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

IMO, it's smooth, good enough to play, but the graphic really doesn't look that good on a 27" monitor.

I did some remote play via PSV, which has the "native" feeling. You will feel that you are just playing PSV game, no lag, no artefacts, etc. Of course, the PSV resolution is much lower, but that perfectly fit on a small screen.

For big screen streaming, I am not that happy with the performance.

4. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Does this use the actual internet or is it poss to use on just a home network

I live in a rural area with limited internet

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Home network has priority. However, it works over the internet as well.

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

It's a home network thing but you can connect over the internet. However theres no 'direct' play like the Vita supports. But I've noticed the latency between a wired PS4-router-iMac has around the same latency as a direct PS4-Vita connection.