PlayStation Content Manager Issues, anyone?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rian Gray, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Rian Gray macrumors regular

Rian Gray

Anyone using Play Station consoles or PSP or Vita? I'm having some troubles with Content Manager app.

I was trying to back up PS vita since I got a new memory chip. I heard Sony started to support Mac with PS Vita, so I gave it a shot. Well, it just didn't work. My vita kept saying "connect your system through USB" or something like that. I just installed that manager app through USB though.

Gave another try with Wi-Fi, I still got the same messages. Looked up the network history, everything seems to be working on my computer side. It was just Vita not recognizing Mac version of content manager.

Here's the part that kinda threw me off. I have a Windows VM running on Parallels. I was thinking, heck it's Sony. And yes, it was Sony, voila it worked perfectly fine on the same computer, through same USB cable, it just happened to be Windows running on Parallels. WTH?

Anyone figured out how to "properly" use Sony's Content Manager app? I was actually considering to buy a PS4 as well, guess not.

2. Rian Gray thread starter macrumors regular

Rian Gray

For those of you who are having the same problems, I found the solution. Simply don't do it on the Mac.

Try to install the manager app on a VM, run it through Parallels, VMware, whatever software you prefer, and connect it through Windows. It just works from there. I am suspecting Sony had never properly supported Mac to begin with.