Playstation Vue Upgrade?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by nburwell, Aug 10, 2017.

1. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Besides myself, did anyone receive an email over the past couple of days saying that you got a free six month upgrade to "Elite" or another tier on PS Vue?

I noticed the new channels pop up a couple weeks ago, and I chalked it up to a free preview weekend or something. Then when I still continued to get the channels, I figured it was a mistake on Sony's end.

Then yesterday I received an email saying that I have been upgraded to the Elite package at no charge up until January 2018. That works out perfectly for me since I was planning to upgrade in September for BTN and NFL Network. Saves me $25 (although I'm just going to spend it on NFL RedZone).

Just curious if anyone else received a free upgrade for six months as well.

2. HobeSoundDarryl, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Which tier were you upgraded from? Core (@ $45/month) or Access (@ $40/month)?

The "saves me $25" reference makes me wonder if you are upgraded from a reduced trial rate or if you actually mean the upgrade was to Ultra (@ $75/month) instead of Elite (@ $55/month).

3. nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

I was on the Access tier, so $45 a month I was paying. I thought Elite was the next step up, but it looks like it goes: Access, Core, Elite and then another tier.

I got it wrong thinking Elite was the next step up. Granted, my wife and I don't watch the majority of the channels on Elite, but the extra sports channels do help.

4. HobeSoundDarryl, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    So you were upgraded from Access to Elite or the top tier called Ultra? Easiest way to tell is do you now get HBO & Showtime (without paying separately for them as "standalone channels") as those seem to be the key additions for Ultra vs. Elite.

And as OP asked: anyone else get this free upgrade?

5. nburwell thread starter macrumors 68040

nburwell

I was just upgraded to Elite. The only "premium" channel we get is Epix (no Showtime or HBO).