Pleasant Experience at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtulbert, Aug 9, 2010.

1. mtulbert macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

Like a lot of other folks I have had a couple of glitches with my Iphone although none of them worth taking the phone back. I had resigned myself that the camera issue (which bothered me the most) would be resolved with a software update. Last night my daughter was over with her Iphone and we compared the output of the cameras and I must tell you that there was a major difference. That prompted me to make an appointment and go into Apple today.

After she left I found some threads concerning this issue and that an exchange is not always going to be the answer. So I cancelled the appointment. This morning however I was near the store and decided to go in. The store was busy but not packed. Kevin, who is one of the techs approached me and I explained my situation to him. He said that he was not aware of that situation so I showed him so pics and we decided to do a comparison in the store with his phone and the difference was substantial!! He thanked me for bringing this to his attention but in order to get it exchanged I had to get on the appointment list officially so I registered and ten minutes later he was back and we did the exchange. He also A,B'd the new one with his and my old phone and the new one works great.

He was courteous and absolutely wanted to help. What was amazihg was that while I was waiting they did appear to have a supply of phones in brand new boxes to sell to customers but mine came in a black box with phone only and no peripherals. Not that I really care. The phone works great and there appear to be no other issues with it. The serial no is 5K0312 which is unlike any the numbers that I have seen here before.

That's my story for the day. YMMV

M

2. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

That is good to hear. I know I have always had good phone support with Apple reps during the 2 times that I had to call them.

3. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

5k simply means it's a refurbished iPhone.