Pleasantly Surprised at School

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Dr Zoidberg, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Dr Zoidberg macrumors newbie

Now I realize that the Macbook Air seems to be the forgotten stepchild of the line, just as the AppleTv and mac mini were at one point, but as I've walked around business school at Duke, I have noticed an increasing amount of Macbook Air users.

Many administrators and teachers (though Fuqua may encourage it) around the school possess a Macbook Air and many of the MBA students. It seems that Apple did quite a good job of hitting upon this niche market, it's just a shame it did not catch on to a larger base of users.

I'm using a Rev. A, 1.8, 80 HDD going on 2 and a half years now and it still works fantastic. There are some things I wish I had gotten in the subsequent Revs, but seeing fellow airs around campus brings a smile to my face and is a pleasant reminder that I'm not the ONLY one out there, who has enjoyed this laptop!

2. halledise macrumors 65816

Hamilton Island, Whitsundays, QLD Australia
    couldn't resist this one: :D
    'What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?'

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Many in business and business schools like MacBook Air and iPads. =)

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

A Macbook Air would be the perfect laptop for me. I would basically only use it to code and some light Unity as well as emails and documents.

I have the mac pro in my signature for my heavy lifting.

5. thinkdesign macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Dr. Z: Thanks for that interesting picture of a place where it's not rare.

That's a lot of people who could write to sjobs@apple.com asking, when will this semiwonderful product be updated so that it becomes jut plain wonderful :eek:

I think Apple needs to hear that kind of feedback, as it increasingly has (economically, at least) bigger fish to fry.