Pleasantly Surprised with the Sport Band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jannette, Jun 1, 2015.

1. jannette macrumors 6502

I bought a SS 38mm with Milanese Loop and received it on 24 April. I love it but decided to buy a sport band for everyday wear. It arrived today and I think it is great.
    Having read some posts on here, I thought it might be a bit tacky. But, no, it is lovely..very light compared to the ML.
    Very pleased!

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Agreed. I thought 'Flouroelastomer' was just an Apple spin on rubber, but is comfortable, a nice matt finish and not slippery. I'm not sure I can really justify another band, although I would love the SS link.

3. Polaroid macrumors 6502a

I was expecting it to be really bulky/fat on the wrist but its really slim!

4. antnee macrumors regular

I just picked up over the weekend a sport band and think the opposite. I guess for everyday use I think....not totally sold that the milanese is just as comfortable.

5. jannette thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually I find the Sport band more comfortable than the Milanese Loop. I think ML will only come out for "dressy" evenings!

6. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85

Its just ok. Is it comfortable? Yes. But other than that, its just average. I have a black one, and on mine it started to rub off at the end of the strap where it tucks in.

7. JackANSI macrumors 6502a

JackANSI

I thought it was going to be like the cheap rubber of swatches past... But I do think will have a hard time with people who have super acidic sweat.

8. jannette thread starter macrumors 6502

As I am 69, I am not running much! I think that on me, being female with thin wrists, it looks nicer than the ML. The Watch looks chunky on my wrist but the Sport band softens the look.