PLEASE - 15" Retina in Space Grey or Slate

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ARK, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ARK macrumors 6502

Im hoping for a 15" Retina in Space Grey or Slate. Come on Apple!!! :D

2. MeUnix macrumors 6502

I think it would be interesting to see Apple incorporate their iPhone colors (S models, not C) into their Mac line.

Not saying I think it will happen or anything, it would just be interesting :p

3. Vanilla35, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013

Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Make it slate, and I will sell my first born child.

4. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I made a post on the MacBook section about bringing back the Unibody Polycarbonate MacBook in the 5C colors and make it "budget" (I use that term loosely since a budget MacBook for Apple would have to be under $900, ideal for me $700). I think it would be cool to have the Pro lineup with 5S colors and a new Polycarbonate MacBook with 5C colors.

5. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Yeah right

6. yangchewren macrumors regular

I have not seen the new space grey color in person. But a comparison of user photos makes it look very much like the darker grey shade found on the original titanium powerbooks.

7. rmwebs macrumors 68040

I think it'll happen. They have avoided it for so long, but its now getting to the point where the lineup is stale. Sure, we get new models (rMBP for example) but the overall design hasn't really changed in a long time now. I dont want them to ditch the current design as its very nice, however offering it in different colors seems the next logical step.

I get the feeling that under Jobs it wasn't even allowed to be discussed. It took them long enough to offer a white iPhone.

It'd be really great if some bold colors could be done with Aluminum, without it having to be a coating, which scratches or flakes off eventually.

I don't think we'll see plastic macs anymore though. The Mac's aluminum works as a great heatsink, and allows them to have the fans running much slower (and quieter) than on comparable plastic laptops for example.

The rMBP is a great example of how the case is the heatsink, and it works very well. Right now my rMBP has Photoshop, XCode, Sublime Text, Chrome (approx 35 tabs), Spotify, and MySQL Workbench open. They have been open for approx 2 hours. iStat shows my CPU temperature as 60c, and the enclosure base (3 sensors) averaging 36c

In comparison my old white plastic MacBook would run hotter than that when idle.

8. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi