Please advice. 2013 Air or i7 Pro non retina?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Lifter7, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Lifter7, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

Lifter7 macrumors newbie

Please keep in mind due to my region, I might not be able to add any extra RAM or any custom stuff like this.

Retina is not an option because I don't feel the need for it, and it will be way too expensive when the next pro launches. Where I live they charge way too much over normal prices. Nutshell? I'm stuck between the two above.

Macbook air 2013 13 inch 4GB 128GB SSD or i7 Pro 8GB 750GB Ram Mid 2012 non retina.

I'll be using it for engineering university. Which do you recommend and why? Can someone enlighten me or help?

Cheers.

2. Lifter7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any responses? I know that people hate all of these pro vs air, but that's a different comparison in here if you look at it.:p

3. gametime10 macrumors regular

If you're going to be remote and unable to upgrade, I would get the 2012 MBP. You get more memory, faster CPU, and more hard drive (though it will be significantly slower than the SSD). That alone will make it more future-proof than the MBA. And if you happen to be able to purchase an SSD, you can upgrade the HDD yourself and that will give it even more life.