Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
http://www.sennheiser.ca/main.php?node=ct_01&pro=648

I can get these for about $80. At Futureshop, they sell for $210cdn and I was wondering if they're worth it. I don't require that they be wireless, but it seems like it'd be a nice feature to have. I'm assuming they work on the iPhone(3G), so there shouldn't be a problem with compatibility.

I currently use the JBL 410's and wanted to know what difference I'd get with these or if I should consider a different pair.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
http://www.sennheiser.ca/main.php?node=ct_01&pro=648

I can get these for about $80. At Futureshop, they sell for $210cdn and I was wondering if they're worth it. I don't require that they be wireless, but it seems like it'd be a nice feature to have. I'm assuming they work on the iPhone(3G), so there shouldn't be a problem with compatibility.

I currently use the JBL 410's and wanted to know what difference I'd get with these or if I should consider a different pair.

They're very good. I have the higher model and use it for the TV. Good range and sound. For $80 I would snap them up...

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
But how would the sound compare to the JBL 410's I currently have?

I could only answer that if I had the JBL's and I don't. Try a Google search to see if there are other forums out there which touch on this topic..

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I could only answer that if I had the JBL's and I don't. Try a Google search to see if there are other forums out there which touch on this topic..

Would you be able to give me a review on the sound quality though? I can't find many reviews for this specific model. Most are for the RS 130's...

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Also, I am considering the Sennheiser HD500 as well. These will cost be about $60. Any suggestions on those?

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I wouldn't use wireless headphones if I got them for free. Give me a good wired one plus extension cable any day. Quality somewhat starts with the HD555, in my opinion. Absolute bottom line for me, but good enough for watching tv. In fact, that's what I'm planning to get them for. If you want serious cans for not too serious money, you should be looking at AKG, beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica. Especially that latter brand makes killer headphones for really good prices. For example, the ATH-AD700 will blow the HD555 out of the water and it won't even cost you too much extra. It's that I already have the ATH-AD900 (great, great cans), or else I'd have gotten them myself. Don't buy Audio-Technica if you have a really small head, though. Likewise, don't buy Sennheiser if you have a really big head. The ATs sit quite loosely on your head, while the Senns really clamp your head.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.