Please advise me on my battery life.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MACoconut, Jul 12, 2009.

1. MACoconut macrumors regular

Hello.

New 3GS User here.

As of now. My standby time is 15hours. Usage is 28minutes.

On the percentage meter, it shows 95%. However, inside my memoryinfo app it shows 92%. Which one should I trust? What should I do now? Recalibrate the battery or what? I did my first charge of about 4-5hours.

So should I let the phone run down till the battery is drained completely?

Please help. :)

2. Que macrumors 6502

what are you doing with your phone that makes a 3% discrepancy so vitally important?

apple say to drain the battery on it's battery care page, some people here say don't. believe whoever you want.

i'd suggest taking a valium and not worrying about your battery as much as you do.

3. MACoconut thread starter macrumors regular

LOL. okay I'll relax.

But what's the ideal battery life that I ought to get?

4. Que macrumors 6502

how long is a piece of string? get that number, multiply by the length of your neighbours toenail and divide by the number of hairs on a mammoth.

nobody knows. battery life depends on use.

3g uses more battery than wifi. standby uses less battery than video.

if you get from the morning to the evening without the battery going completely flat and having used the phone all day then that's a bonus. do a search on here for "battery" and you'll find about 3,739,726 threads by people moaning about the battery life of their phone, read them all if you have a spare 3 months and compare yours to everyone elses.