Please advise: specs for a temporary macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by howareyoukk, May 24, 2019.

1. howareyoukk macrumors regular

so like everyone else i was waiting for apple to release the 16 inch macbook pro but unfortunately they did not, therefore i am getting a refurbished macbook pro from apple and sell it next year when the 16 inch is released (i think thats very much the case) . so with a mac that only gonna be used for a year, should i go with

256gb 450 grahics card
    or 512 gb 460 ot 560 graphics card.

one costs less 500 AUD more than others and I do use fcpx frequently as i am in film and television.

logically speaking the cheapest one should be a temporary machine but then not sure if the other one has a higher resell value.

thanks in advance :)

2. tomwilson macrumors newbie

No BTO upgrades they aren't worth much on used market. Base model probably retain more as a % over the higher spec.

Just noticed you are in Australia: Upgrades are worth even less here as you can get 10% off the standard configs at JB Hifi on the regular.

3. howareyoukk thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. Despite the resell value u reckon I should go with the 560 graphic card with 512 gb of storage or the basic model?

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

tomwilson's advice in reply 2 is what I'd do.

If it's only going to be "a temporary" purchase, buy the lower-spec'd version and save the money.

You'll never "get the money back", so by going with this option, you will "lose less" in the long run!