Please be considerate of others.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by pocketdoc, Apr 12, 2015.

1. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I know, this sounds touchy-feely, but a watch purchase is a very personal experience for people. It is different than buying a phone.

It is a shame that people still feel the need to force their opinions on others, questioning why they would purchase a particular product and so on.

If you like something or dislike something, fee free to express yourself. Just don't judge other individual's choices or force your views on others. Yes, this country has freedom of speech, but that is not an excuse to be inconsiderate in a forum.

OK, I am getting off of my soapbox.

Have a great Apple Watch experience! Make it your own and get whatever you like!

2. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

3. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

My soapbox is better than yours. Deal with it :)

4. Pinksteady macrumors 6502a

Pinksteady

It is not possible to force one's opinion on others on an online forum, and you cannot ask people not to judge others, however much you may wish them not to judge you - that is human nature and nothing to do with forum etiquette.

All that should expected and enforced is civility and common decency - don't be rude to or insult others. Act with a modicum of respect. But don't censor yourself because others don't like your opinion.

5. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

those seems like 2 contradicting points.

Some will always get offended if you speak your mind. Why not just do it and care less what others feel about it?

6. dandrewk macrumors 6502

It's pretty simple really. Folks who don't like the Apple Watch are are blithering idiots.

:D

But I get it. Play nice. I, for one, always try and be respectful. I don't always succeed, but I do try. Honest I do. ;)

7. 01silver4 macrumors 6502a

01silver4

Well said.

8. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

OP, you're trying to change the Internet. Not worth it. :rolleyes:

9. pocketdoc thread starter macrumors 6502a

Appreciate everyone's comments.

Remember the Golden Rule?

:cool:

10. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I agree with the OP. We must respect other people's choices.

Except the ones who are buying screen protectors. I can't respect those people. I'm sorry. I've tried.

:rolleyes:

11. parallax33 macrumors regular

100% agree.

Nothing wrong at all with reminding us to be respectful every so often, even if only 5% listen!

12. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

I've stopped talking about the watch with people because 90% of the people say it's a dumb purchase. Piss off and let me have fun. I'm not buying a watch to impress people, I'm buying it because I feel I'll get genuine productive use out of it.