Please can someone file an enhancement request? SMS Char count in Mac Messages.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by gwelmarten, Dec 11, 2014.

1. gwelmarten macrumors 6502

Hi.

Since Yosemite it's been possible to send SMS via messages for Mac. I've found I am burning through more SMS than I usually do on my iPhone, because on there I see a char count showing how many of the 160 characters I've used in a message. On Mac this is not visible, so it's easy to write an essay or keep going 1 or 2 chars over.

Personally I'd love to see the character count come to messages for Mac when the message will be sent via SMS. What do others think?

If you have access to apple bug reporter, I'd really appreciate it if you could file it as a enhancement request - I'm not able to any more.

I've attached a screenshot showing the number that I'm talking about (circled in red).

Thanks,

Sam

Attached Files:

2. gwelmarten thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol that's not the apple bug reporter, nor does it allow for the filing of a specific enhancement request. From previous conversations with Apple Engineers it has to go through the official channel, http://bugreport.apple.com/, but my developer account is in a transition status so I don't have access to this right now.