Please can someone give me advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Roberto Barcellona, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Roberto Barcellona macrumors member

Really need some help please.

On my 3rd 15inch MacBook Pro 2015 due to hardware issues.

The latest one only a day old had another hardware fault and had to have motherboard replaced.

Initially when I picked it up it wouldn't start up twice, they couldn't tell me why, they tested it and it started up. Now they say either it was updating or intermittent problem. Seems ok now.

Just wanted some advice please and could someone try this out.

When you haven't used the laptop for about 4hrs or turned off over night, when I do the 1st start-up I get a faint click noise under the keyboard. If I shut down and try again the click noise is gone, it's only on the 1st start up after a long period of time. Does this happen to anyone else with Mid 2015 MacBook Pro?

They have fully tested the computer but can't tell me what the clicking noise could be.

Thank you

Roberto

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

There shouldn't be any clicking in your MacBook Pro.
    Also your brand new MacBook Pro should start up at the first attempt.
    Return it and ask for a fully functional unit, since it costs more than €2000.

3. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

How old is the MacBook? If it is brand new, there shouldn't be any issues.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

The 2015 MacBook Pro 15" was released last summer... It can't be old

5. Roberto Barcellona, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

This one was a day old, brand new top spec replacement, I booted it up and the clicking noise happened. Ignored it until the next day but happened again.

I took it to the store and past those quick tests they do, 20mins or so.

They then further tested it and told me it was to do with screen, screen sensor, fan and fan sensor. When I picked it up they said we replaced the motherboard as it was faulty and overheating, the screen was ok. So they lied to me. Then in store they made me wait 1hr 30mins because someone forgot to bring out the laptop, I thought because they will still testing it. They gave me option of replacement at the beginning but I went for repair as they said just screen and fan. It took them 15 days so now I have to go through another battle to get money back or replacement.

We then tried to turn it on and it just went black screen, the tech guy held down power button to turn off and tried again it wouldn't turn on. They took it behind for further testing and it came on. The head tech guy came out and said it's passing all the tests so probably an intermitten problem. They wouldn't do anything for me so now having to deal with customer relations again.

I want my money back and also extra compensation so I can buy the new 27inch iMac, 6months I have dealt with this, with 3 brand new MacBook Pros all having major hardware faults, the 2nd one had to major repairs. I have to buy a Mac because I have spent thousands of pounds on thunderbolt external hardware.

These MacBook Pros are no good if you push them to their limit which I do with 4k video editing.

These machines are not fit for purpose.

6. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You are generalizing now... The MacBook Pro is a great computer, perfectly fine for video editing.
    You got a lemon, and you deserve a fully functional replacement.
    Forget about a compensation.

7. Roberto Barcellona, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015

Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

The 1st one had yellow tinge in corners of screen, they told me not to bother with repair, so gave me a new one.

The 2nd one was really getting into it and the graphics card failed on me with some heavy processing of 4k video. They repaired this fault and did extensive tests on everything. They gave it back to me and the SSD drive failed I lost all my work, lesson learned not backing up but just fresh from repair thought I wouldn't need to for a while. Another repair fully tested again, comes back to me and computer kept crashing. 3rd laptop straight out of the box overheating issues full repair and fully tested over 15 days, only to not turn on initially (in store with technician), continue to click and crashed on me last night when pushing it again.

3 laptops in a row is not generalizing this is personal experience.

Lol now I'm paranoid!

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

You were very unlucky...
    I'm using five 2014 MacBook Pro for very intensive tasks on a daily basis and they are just fine.

9. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

I want to cry, lol, I'm on phone with customer relations again!

Do you work for Apple?

10. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

No, I'm just a customer like you. We actually have five top specced 15" MacBook Pro 2014 working in our organization (plus several personal MacBooks like mine, that is a 13").

11. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

My whole system crashed while I was recording music Friday evening, only came back from repair on thursday.

Friday morning I recorded this video with 2 clicking noises coming from under the keyboard, do you have any idea what it could be?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ure2vmabemslkl1/ClickNoiseMorning18:12:15.mp4?dl=0

12. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

No idea, but it doesn't seem to be normal... They must give you a fully functional unit. Try to escalate the issue to an higher level.

13. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Thank you

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Please report back if they solve the situation...
    Good luck

15. Roberto Barcellona thread starter macrumors member

Wow has been so stressful, I thought I was going to have to go to court with Apple.

Because of all the stress they have put me through they are giving me the new top spec iMac 27inch.

16. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

17. Gaprofitt macrumors regular

Get a surface pro 4..

18. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

why to settle for an inferior product ?
    fortunately they gave him a new iMac 27"