Please change my mind

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rhcpcjg, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

So a week ago I bought a 15" rMBP 2.5 i7, 512 ssd, 750m, 16gb ram. I find it too big for work since I visit about 5 businesses a day, and the battery life is ok. I basically browse the web, open PDFs, spreadsheets, nothing that pushes the processor, and at home I plug in to a thunderbolt display. feel this is too much of a computer for what I do. My local Apple Store just got the new rMBP a 13" in stock and I was thinking about going to exchange it, not only will that be a lighter laptop, I'll also save about $700. What do you guys think about this, am I making the right choice by exchanging it or should I keep the 15".

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

I wanna stick to retina display

4. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Please change my mind

What is there to convince you of? You've stated you don't do anything very processor intensive, the 15" model is too big for your work, you'll save money, you plug into a display at home, and you will even feels like it's more than you need. The 13" model sounds like exactly the solution you're looking for.

5. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

t

Thanks, I know... Don't know what I was thinking when I bought a 2500$ laptop. I'll exchange it.

6. RUGGLES99 macrumors 6502

indeed, its people like you who have made apple rich.:)

7. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, well I'm just leaving the Apple Store after processing this exchange, I doubt I made them go broke.

8. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I did it, for similar reasons. If it was somehow a pound or two less I'd likely have kept it, although at any weight it would be a real pain to use on a plane.

9. David58117 macrumors 65816

I also ditched the 15" rMBP in favor of a 13"..

Loving the battery life and increased portability.

10. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, Battery life seems a lot better. The 15" lasted me about 5 hours (maybe a little longer) and the 13" seems to be lasting longer.

11. snaky69 macrumors 603

You definitely bought WAY too much computer for your needs.

An iPad is powerful enough for those tasks.

12. Freyqq macrumors 68040

13" rmbp sounds like a good fit for you. It was just updated too, so its got all the newest parts.

13. Rhcpcjg thread starter macrumors regular

not quiet, I own an iPad air and I find that multitasking is not good enough for my usage, even though I don't do much, I still like to have a few apps open at the same time. This 13" rMBP is working out perfect so far.