[Please Close - was a glitch] Automatic Downloads - Option Missing / Removed

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by KeanosMagicHat, Oct 8, 2013.

1. KeanosMagicHat, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

Apologies if this has been mentioned before (I did search).

One of the options seems to have disappeared from the Automatic Downloads section on my 4S running 7.0.2

It now has Music, Apps & Updates but it used to have one other, Software perhaps?

Has this happened to others, or is it a glitch at my end?

Would do a hard reset, but it's a pain as my power button barely, if ever, works.

Cheers.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There never was a Software option under automatic updates. You're all set with Music, Apps and Updates (and Books if you have iBooks installed).

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I've always had an Automatic Downloads toggle for Music, Apps, and Updates in the iTunes/App Store Settings' pane.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Yep, and the OP has too. The OP is wondering where the "Software" automatic downloads toggle went, and my response was that there isn't one, and never has been.

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You're right. Maybe he's talking about the OS update. I don't ever recall that being an option. Weirdly my Mini hasn't prompted me to update yet.

6. KeanosMagicHat thread starter macrumors 65816

100% correct Tyler and sorry to waste people's time.

It was indeed Books that went missing from the menu. I'd merely guessed at Software thinking that might make sense as an Auto Update (although risky for any user without a backup).

Anyway I finally got it to hard reset after many attempts with this pesky power button fault.

Sure enough it was an odd glitch at my end. Thanks for the replies and apologies again. I really must get this power button fixed!

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No need to apologize - glad it's sorted now!