Please consider actually moderating threads, not just deleting them.

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by alphaod, Aug 16, 2012.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I know some threads are silly, but I usually try to take them seriously and answer with details. I have neighbors and family members ask me these all the time and I never go about being rude about it!

Of course instead of say, deleting the off-topic replies, the whole thread gets dumped. This happens every time: why should people like me bother writing detailed explanations to help new members [with seemingly "dumb" questions] if my time is obviously of no value, so the moderators will just delete the thread?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm not sure which thread or threads you are referring to in particular but moderators do generally try and keep threads where they can. If you want to discuss any specific thread (it's most likely in the Wasteland rather than deleted) then use the Contact Us form with a link.

3. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

It doesn't happen every time; we spend quite a lot of time cleaning up threads specifically to let the discussion live. I can understand why it's frustrating when a thread where you've taken the time to answer gets deleted, but it's usually a last resort solution in cases with a bad signal to noise ratio.

And as robbie says, feel free to ask via the contact form for questions about specific cases. We'll answer as completely as we can within the privacy rules.