Please delete my topic thank you

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphonetoday, May 28, 2009.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

I need a idea from you guy please ?

I read all review search that iphone 3g att today cannot unlock until downgrade
    and work inside hardware otherwise have to used with xsim . So should i purchase iphone unlock world online which is cost around $ 800 buck and no warranty . Please give idea

thank you

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Yes, the 3G iPhones sold in AT&T and Apple stores now most likely have the latest firmware/baseband that cannot be unlocked. A factory-unlocked iPhone will cost you around $800 but it will work with any GSM provider in the world and will remain unlocked through firmware updates from Apple. (I have a factory-unlocked 3G from New Zealand, myself.)

Your other alternative is to buy a used iPhone from eBay or locally that is still running the 2.2 (NOT 2.2.1) firmware which can still be unlocked. This will probably be slightly cheaper than a factory-unlocked iPhone, but you won't be able to upgrade to the upcoming 3.0 firmware when it's released this summer without re-locking it.

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Pretty sure if you buy an factory unlocked iPhone from a country that sells them such as France you would get a warranty still.

4. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

ok i will buy iphone unlock manufac
    but kinda risk , thank you