PLEASE DON'T ATTACK ME (S7 EDGE OR IPHONE 7)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cleebrown93, Sep 18, 2016.

1. cleebrown93 macrumors member

I am looking for honest opinions. I am a lover of both iOS and Android. I just upgraded to the S7 Edge last week through AT&T and so far I am happy with it. I really wanted the 7 Plus, but I missed preorders because I wasn't eligible for upgrade at the time. Now, an AT&T store by me has the iPhone 7 128GB in stock and I am still within my 14 day return period. So I could return and grab the iPhone 7 today. Just curious to see what people think (even I know there a ton of Apple fanboys here, lol). But mainly, just real world difference. I have read things like yellow screens, screens not as bright, camera not that good, etc. Just want some insight. Thanks

2. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

Iphone 7
    have the s7 edge and it is horrible

3. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

4. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Do you enjoy the screen size of the 7 Edge? You'll be losing A LOT of screen estate if you go from the 5.5" S7 Edge to the 4.7" iPhone 7. What exactly are you looking for in a phone? If both OSes work well for you, then it comes down to what size of a phone you want to keep.

Sounds like you're settling with a 7 though, maybe wait and see if a 7 Plus becomes available?

5. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I think you should see the ip7 in person at Apple Store, Bestbuy, etc to help you decide.

The haptic home button needs hands-on experience to gauge whether you like or not. And the 7 is smaller too.

6. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Swapped my standard S7 for iPhone 7, couldn't be happier.

7. pirarre macrumors 6502

It depends on what you prefer ... what your usages are etc

I owned the S7 Edge and the flammable Note 7. I exchanged my Note 7 for a iPhone 7 yesterday.

I can tell you by far the IPhone 7 is much snappier than the Galaxy phones. I haven't experienced any lag or anything like that. It's actually a great device overall.

However if you're into taking some good pics, the Samsung devices is where they're better than the iPhone 7 in my opinion. The pictures doesn't seem to be really crisp to me on the iPhone 7 as they are on the Galaxy devices. Also keep in mind, I'm basing my opinion off the iPhone 7. I'll have my iPhone 7 Plus hopefully by the end of the month.

However in the end, I think the IPhone is the best way to go at this time.

8. EezyE macrumors regular

Go play with both of them and see which one you like better. I have a 7+ and have no screen issues or camera complaints.

9. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I have the S7,and went back to the iPhone! The S7 has a GREAT screen,however the cons of Android out way the screen heavily. By 600PM my phone would already be down to 20 percent and I would need to throw it on the charger thanks to the Android OS draining the phone. When I switched back to my 6S u was shocked when I still have 60 percent of battery left at the end of the day with the same usage. Plus I can leave my iPhone on my desk over night and the battery will be the same or only loose a percent or two. The S7 would loose close to 7 percent battery overnight again thanks to the Android drain. Now that I'm back on my iphone I can also text and get my phone calls on my ipad and Mac. It's just a much nicer ecosystem. Just my opinion.

10. DADDYDC650 macrumors 6502

DADDYDC650

S7 if you want slightly better pictures and enjoy watching videos. The OLED display is amazing! iPhone 7 if you want pure performance and simplicity.

11. KillaMac Suspended

X2. I also own an S7 Edge and I hate the Edge screen. Gets in the way and the phone software is buggy. It stopped reading my finger prints a few times where I had to type in my pw to unlock it, it lags badly, and it gets hot. Now the S7 is being looked at for battery issues as well.

I'd get the iPhone if you want a phone that just works well everywhere.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

13. entraik macrumors 6502a

14. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Everything that I know about them suggests that they are both excellent phones. I think it really comes down to which OS you prefer.

15. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

This is coming from a former android guy that said I would never own an iPhone. I've had galaxy's 1-7 and 3-5 notes, the 7 was the last straw for me, that thing lagged constantly and took forever to go to the dialer, so I preordered the iPhone 7 now I have had it for 2 days and I have to say I'm quite impressed with it, don't get me wrong there's a few things on the iPhone I don't like, like not being able to turn the camera shutter off and still have the ringer up. But it's all about what you like.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Oh and your galaxy being a week old is only worth about $300 in Craigslist the iPhone 6s is worth $500 if that tells you anything..

16. cleebrown93 thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone noticed any screen yellow issues on there iP7 and iP7+? That is one thing I LOVE about the S7 EDGE. And screen size isn't a big deal to me. I love big screens for video, etc, but also love one handed use, easy to hold or go in pocket, etc. But overall I think iOS outperforms Android.

17. cleebrown93 thread starter macrumors member

Just didn't want people commenting stupid stuff like "Samsung sux, Apple wins." Lol.

18. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed anything about a yellow screen on mine.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

S7 edge

+ Display ("5.5 and QHD)
    + Design (a 6s edge+ rehash or iPhone 6 rehash?)
    + Camera (Samsung is surpassing Sony modules)
    + Battery Life (could be a push although S7e has QHD)

I don't think the iPhone 7 Plus is even par to the S7 edge. It is 2016. Get on VR now. Don't be stuck on 1080p or 750p forever. People will eventually move to 4K next year since most people will also start owning 4K TVs. 4K will become the new standard which is why Microsoft and Sony tried to prepare itself with their console mid-life upgrades.

The iPhone 8 Plus probably won't beat the Note8 either. Doesn't matter what design it has. Since the OP happens to be OS agnostic, we throw out the OS and judge them based on hardware aspects where software updates generally can't correct it. These are areas where Samsung usually wins. I would've preferred the Exynos variant of the S7 edge but the Snapdragon 820 can hold its own.

Why would anyone attack you, OP? If they are being attacked, fanboy alert! Disengage now.

Personally, waiting on the LG V20. Probably get it on October 20 to go 10-20. I could get it on Oct 17 but I use the date I got it for my passcodes. The 20th also matches my anniversary with my gf who happens to be an LG fangirl. V20 is more smudge resistant and less laggy software as Samsung. Not stuck on 750p/326 ppi for next two years when 4K becomes flagship standard next year..

Remember, iPhone 7 will be in retail stores until 2019. You can still pickup an iPhone 5s now in stores and as prepaid while Note 3 are long gone.

20. KillaMac Suspended

Even if you did, apple gives you a way to adjust it out now.

21. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

I had that vr with my s7 didn't even use it but 2 times. I could couldn't care less about that feature. Me the note 3 was one of the best phones ever.

22. KillaMac Suspended

Sorry, but I had VR with my Samsung S7 Edge, and it was so grainy. I won't do VR with a phone and will use it on my PC instead. That tech isn't there yet, especially from Samsung. All I saw were pixels and not very clear images in the VR.

Having 4k on such a small screen is not that great honestly. The iPhone screen has technology in it that actually beats samsung. You have to look at the big picture. http://www.fool.com/investing/2016/09/13/1-way-the-apple-iphone-7-plus-beats-the-samsung-ga.aspx

The LG V20 would be the phone to get right now, except it's display is a little behind.

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

You are asking on MacRumors forums which is obviously going to be biased with their answers. Go on Android Central or any other forum, and you will also get a more biased answer from them full of hatred with iPhones.

Posters here say they hate Android for being laggy and no software updates. Posters over there say they hate iOS and being stuck turning on their computer and syncing on iTunes to do anything simple like mass delete media files and photo albums is a waste of time because iOS lacks a file manager and other aspects Android users need.

Maybe ask this question on Howard Forums instead? Or anywhere else neutral with the OSes.

24. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

I bought the S7 Edge on release day, and have been using Android for several years. I pre-ordered the iPhone 7+ and already sold the S7 Edge.

25. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

Just get both like I did. S7 edge for work and iPhone for personal