please don't call me stupid!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by toblerboy, Feb 1, 2012.

1. toblerboy macrumors member

I am not great at electronics....

Not the pretext is done, please help

I was working on my laptop and the battery ran out. I have tried to put the adaptor in but it simply is not working.

I have a macbook that I bought in 2007 - so fairly old.

Do you think the fuse has gone in the charger? If so, is it easy to replace? Is it anything else that could have gone wrong?

If this is dead and I need a new one, do I have to find an old one from 2007 or are Apple chargers the same for all the computers? (I normally find that Apple slightly confusing when it comes to bits, parts, pieces etc!!)

Many thanks in advance and please dont critique a dummy - I know some of you will think this is an easy question - but google searching has only served to properly confuse me!!

2. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Just pick up a new 60W magsafe..you'll be fine.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

First, make sure the connection between the adapter plug and the MacBook is clean and secure. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes after plugging in before it starts charging. If that doesn't help, try resetting the SMC. There is no fuse in the adapter. Check out the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

4. Montymitch macrumors regular

Montymitch

Any Magsafe will work fine, but I'd double check whether yours is broken or just dirty before buying a new one. Things are expensive!