Please don't hate me - Icon help needed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by inspirations365, Nov 9, 2010.

1. inspirations365 macrumors regular

I'm trying to use Winterboard with this guide here but it's confusing me.

Right now I have the icons in a directory like so:
    Icons Theme/Folders/

Now, let's say I wanted to change the app store icon. What do I do? I currently have the icon (named in a directory named App Store.png) in a directory called AppStore.app, such that the entire directory is Icons Theme/Folders/AppStore.app/App Store.png

Should it be com.apple.AppStore? Are there any settings I need to change in Winterboard?

According to the guide, I just drag the icons folder into the themes folder in Winterboard, select the theme and respring.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

2. scirica, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Here is an example from one of the themes i'm using:

/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/ThemeName/Bundles/com.apple.AppStore/icon@2x.png

Your themes folder will have whatever your system generated, and the ThemeName is whatever you create. The subfolders need to be named exactly as I have them and then the icon itself takes on the exact name as I wrote it.

Good luck!

Note: I made a big assumption that you are on an iPhone 4. If that is not the case, please disregard as I've forgotten if it's different for previous models

Update:

Looked at my "old" 3Gs. For that model, use the following:

/var/stash/Themes.xxxx/ThemeName/Icons/App Store.png

3. inspirations365 thread starter macrumors regular

No worries, your assumption is correct! :)

Oh, and just to make certain, I don't need to append anything with .app, do I?

Thank you!