Please don't kill me: IE 7 tab handling in Firefox?

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
I was forced by evil powers to use a Windows machine for a few days, as I sold my Mac Mini and I'm waiting for my new MacBook. Right now I'm writing in Firefox on a PowerBook that I borrowed, and I'm ashamed to say that I miss a feature from Internet Explorer 7's tab handling.

I love tabs, I have 10 or 20 of them opened at a time, IE7 is really slow with tabs, but it has a feature that I liked: When you have, let's say, 10 tabs open, and you are on tab #1, and a new tab opens from a link inside #1, it won't go to #11 like in Firefox, it opens between tabs #1 and #2.

I'm embarrassed, :eek: but I like it. Any extension that do that in Firefox?

rspeaker

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2006
I love tabs, I have 10 or 20 of them opened at a time, IE7 is really slow with tabs, but it has a feature that I liked: When you have, let's say, 10 tabs open, and you are on tab #1, and a new tab opens from a link inside #1, it won't go to #11 like in Firefox, it open between tabs #1 and #2.

I'm embarrassed, :eek: but I like it. Any extension that does that in Firefox?
Don't be embarrassed; that sounds like a fantastic feature. Would be nice to see this in Safari, along with draggable tabs... Leopard seems too far away.

ivnds

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2006
Don't be embarrassed; that sounds like a fantastic feature. Would be nice to see this in Safari, along with draggable tabs... Leopard seems too far away.
Safari 3 Beta already has draggable tabs! :)

rspeaker

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2006
I know Safari 3 beta has draggable tabs, but I don't want to mess with it yet.

TabsmixPlus sounds good... but it's Firefox only. I've tried Firefox and Camino, but ended up back with Safari. The others didn't feel or look like Mac applications, and while I liked a lot of Camino's features, things just didn't work out, and we parted ways.

Still hoping Safari 3 will allow tabs to open next to the tab they were opened from.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
If you install the theme iFox smooth, firefox looks alo like a mac app. there are a few others out there too, just search for os themes in firefox extension search.