Please don't kill me: IE 7 tab handling in Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmillan, Jul 18, 2007.

1. mcmillan macrumors 6502

I was forced by evil powers to use a Windows machine for a few days, as I sold my Mac Mini and I'm waiting for my new MacBook. Right now I'm writing in Firefox on a PowerBook that I borrowed, and I'm ashamed to say that I miss a feature from Internet Explorer 7's tab handling.

I love tabs, I have 10 or 20 of them opened at a time, IE7 is really slow with tabs, but it has a feature that I liked: When you have, let's say, 10 tabs open, and you are on tab #1, and a new tab opens from a link inside #1, it won't go to #11 like in Firefox, it opens between tabs #1 and #2.

I'm embarrassed, :eek: but I like it. Any extension that do that in Firefox?

2. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Don't be embarrassed; that sounds like a fantastic feature. Would be nice to see this in Safari, along with draggable tabs... Leopard seems too far away.

3. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Isn't there a setting in TabmixPlus that allows you to open tabs next to the active one?

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Yep, events-->tab opening--> open new tabs next to current ones.

5. mcmillan thread starter macrumors 6502

6. ivnds macrumors 6502

ivnds

Safari 3 Beta already has draggable tabs! :)

7. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

8. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I know Safari 3 beta has draggable tabs, but I don't want to mess with it yet.

TabsmixPlus sounds good... but it's Firefox only. I've tried Firefox and Camino, but ended up back with Safari. The others didn't feel or look like Mac applications, and while I liked a lot of Camino's features, things just didn't work out, and we parted ways.

Still hoping Safari 3 will allow tabs to open next to the tab they were opened from.

9. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

If you install the theme iFox smooth, firefox looks alo like a mac app. there are a few others out there too, just search for os themes in firefox extension search.

10. luisgo macrumors newbie

11. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108