Please give recommendation for bluetooth keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by piatti, Mar 29, 2012.

1. simsaladimbamba

For your Mac or that new Windows laptop? What is you budget?
    Have you looked at Logitech's or Microsoft's offerings?

2. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

If you buy bluetooth keyboard for Windows does it not work for Mac? I am thinking about 20 dollars, but recommend anything please.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

they are both a safe bet.

aside from being Bluetooth you haven't given us any idea of the type of use. gaming, ergonomic, additional features...

4. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Avoid anything that says "RocketFish" on it. I had one and it didn't pair easily, ate batteries and just plain died.

Dale

5. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

Logitech and Microsoft should work well. Obviously they're out of your price range, but also Apple.

6. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

What I do want in a keyboard is the Pg up and Pg down keys on the top right area of the keyboard, side by side. This makes reading PDF files much easier. (Having the Pg Down key under the Pg Up key makes it hard on the fingers.)

7. simsaladimbamba

What about using the Spacebar to jump a page?

8. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

i have used may different keyboards: 3 Dell Entrys, 2 ergonomica keyboards (including a MS ergo 7000), many laptop keyboards... the list goes on.

However the only keyboards that i have ever been happy with are the apple ones, my favorite is the one on my iBook G4, it's soo nice to use! I think it might be worth upping the budget a little and going apple on this purchase.

Seeing as you said you want dedicated pageup+pagedown keys i would go with the apple wired keyboard.

9. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

When I try to jump up a page it doesn't work if I press shift + spacebar for Adobe Acrobat and reading books on Google Books.

----------

Apple wired keyboard doesn't have the page up and down side by side, it is vertical, which is uncomfortable for the fingers.

10. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

It should work, yes. Just keep in mind that "Command" will be mapped to the Windows key.

11. piatti thread starter macrumors 6502a

piatti

12. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

Stay away from the Inland mice at the top of the page. The whole mouse feels light and cheap. Also when you click it, it feels hollow and quite "plasticky." One of my classes had a few of those units and they didn't last long either.