Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheskiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I have 3 ipod in mind right now.
1) 8GB Ipod nano
2) 80Gb Ipod Classic
3) 8GB or 16 GB Ipod Touch.

Which one will you choose or would you choose to wait.

State Reasons.

Thank you for you help.

Cheers and have a nice day. :) :apple:

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
If I was buying one of those three, in my current situation, I would buy the nano.

-I need something small and flash-based, as I want to use it while riding my bike
-I already have a large HDD-based iPod
-The touch wouldn't replace my 5th Gen iPod, and it's too large to exercise with

My situation will be different to yours. What do you plan on using your iPod for?

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
What will you be using the iPod for? How big is your Library? Do you have movies / TV Shows or just music?

(If you were buying one for me I'd have the classic.)

tothelimit

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
South Florida
yeah - it really depends on how you plan to use it.

the nano is great for exercise, or carrying in your pocket for use throughout the day.

the classic is nice if you have a large collection of music and like to have access to all of it at any given time.

the touch - limited capacity - has a nice screen for viewing tv shows/movies, and it adds the functionality of a handheld computer.

so i mean it comes down to - how much music do you have? and how will you use it?

solidgoldmini

macrumors regular
I would get an iPhone, but from your list, I would choose the iPod Touch. I use my iPhone for everything other than talking on it, and most of the applications are supported by the iPod. Mail, Safari, SNES, NES, iPhysics, etc. If you don't mind doing a bit of hacking for all the extras, that's the way I would go.

catfish743

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
Kentucky
i would definitely go with the iPod touch. first of all, for the cool factor, and second of all, because it does much more than the iPod classic or Nano.

cheskiz

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Sorry for the late reply, guys.

This is what i wish to use the ipod for.

I intend to add musics, videos , tv shows and movie to my ipod. The classic should be in favour of this.

However, i plan to work out as well using the ipod.

The ipod touch is indeed a new gadget that is cool, features similar pda functions and ipod functions too. Also have the widest screen. However, the price can prove to be a factor and apple seems to have something up on his sleeve on the iphone and iTouch.

I currently got a 1st generation ipod shuffle. So do you think i should get a classic and reserve the shuffle for sports?

Or is there any accessories that can have ipod classic serve as a partner in your sports. I know nano there is one, the nike+ accessory. Nano red product is kinda attractive. The colour range of classic and touch is dull. Furthermore, 2nd generate ipod touch can come out at en of this year or so.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.