please go back to the old stand design

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wetcanvas, Mar 19, 2016.

1. wetcanvas macrumors regular

It sucks a fat wad that you have to choose with imac if you want a stand or you want Vesa support. Monitors have had the option of either one for over 10 years. Why take a step back and make me choose. Also it sucks with refurbished that you dont let me choose Vesa support. So if I want refurbished im stuck with no Vesa support at all with no way to pay apple to change it.

Can we please just go back to the old design please where all I had to do was buy an adapter and pop the old stand on and off. Nothing has made me regret my imac more then not having Vesa support with no way to change it.

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It would be nice that Appel gives us some choices, but they're not about choice nor will they go backwards and change the stand to the old design. They may offer a new design that is Vesa compatible, but I'm not holding my breath for such a move.

4. ZivaD macrumors member

ZivaD

I updated to the new iMac and it has the integrated Vesa mount, it does seem to be a bit of a loaded choice if (like I do) you keep your old Mac, the older one is boxed up with its foot re-fitted ready to use and the Vesa mount back in its own box, options that are seemingly missing now.

5. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I just ordered one of these for my new 5K iMac as I didn't want to go the VESA-only route because it would have limited my re-sale options down the road.