Please have a check over my site

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Cabbit, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

http://jennifersplaygroup.co.uk/

Hiya all im a little dyslectic(edit:dyslexia see told you) and when i design my site i kinda sometimes do silly things i cant pick up on, so please have a look at the design and tell me what you think, its a little graphic heavy but all the graphics are in the smallest size i can make them without loosing quality, most of the UK and Europe are on broadband and my site is targeted at lasting some time though smaller updates so keeping everything fresh is my goal and i have targeted the page width at 1024 witch seems to be more and more popular expcially with wide-screens.

Thanks

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Is dyslectic anything like dyslexia?

I'm dyslexic so don't think I'll be much help with the words, but the site looks alright (bit pink for me)

Found some mistakes, added in bold

"Welcome to the playgroup, please enjoy exploring our site."

"You are key to making this site a great place to be."

"Our forum is here for everyone to share their experience or to just talk to other like minded individuals, it is open to all of our users."

"Right now as I'm sure you will have noticed the site is undergoing major improvements"

3. tutubibi macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Well a little bit too pink for my taste :)

As for comments, I am on 5MB connection but site is really slow-loading, don't know if it your server load or simply too much stuff for a single page.
    Also (IMO of course), links (a href) in plain blue style somehow do not fit with other colors on the page.

4. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I think your site is cool, Im also dyslexic so I understand how hard it is to spell evry thing right. to beat this problem i use windows vista's speach recognition software (whitch is great). You should look into a speach recognition program for mac.

5. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

I think the navbar metal thing is way out of place., think of changing it to the same color scheme as all the rest of the boxes, but in a different way.

It looks like a forum/blog template, with all the bells n whistles. Which to me, sadly, knocks of quite a few points in my book. Then again, it is a nice use of it...

All in all, this site is truly weird.

6. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

thanks for your help guys, i think i will change the metel to glass like the rest of the site. to Sdashiki its not a template its all home grown and yip its weard thats what makes it special. I wanted something the same but diffrent to everyone else. And i dont think there are many sites that can do that but i could be wrong, i dont mind so much as long a people come to my site and use it as intended im happy.