Please have service forum

pat500000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
Service as in...someone who needs help with upgrading computers like mac pro.

pat500000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
No this is an online forum. We've never done anything like that and I don't think it'll ever happen.
I know...was just asking...

I feel that would be an open invitation to spam. I wouldn't want to see such a thing happen here.
I would think it would happen...but the reason i suggested this is because people in MR would more likely have better knowledge to aid in doing something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
geez, such a negative and one side response to your request. I can definitely see the need for a more service oriented community - the ACN (apple consultants network) provides really no advantages to end users, and service providers could be just as sketchy as someone off craigslist...something more interactive and useful to those who may need help locally would be an interesting concept...with proven forum post track records and a way to verify certifications at least would be one way to mitigate. but yeah there are other services out there to help with requests...though it may have been nice to have a trusted community of help..but with the way macrumors is going with the attitude and moral of its users...quite hardly unfortunately.

pat500000

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2015
geez, such a negative and one side response to your request. I can definitely see the need for a more service oriented community - the ACN (apple consultants network) provides really no advantages to end users, and service providers could be just as sketchy as someone off craigslist...something more interactive and useful to those who may need help locally would be an interesting concept...with proven forum post track records and a way to verify certifications at least would be one way to mitigate. but yeah there are other services out there to help with requests...though it may have been nice to have a trusted community of help..but with the way macrumors is going with the attitude and moral of its users...quite hardly unfortunately.
yeah...it's sad, huh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.