Please HELP [2 transparent tabs at the bottom of my screen]

charliematina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2016
So I purchased a new 15" MBP with retina a few months ago and one day I noticed 2 transparent tabs at the bottom of my screen - they have recently moved to the bottom right corner and if I physically touch the screen or tap in the area where the tabs are they kinda move a lil?

If anyone knows what the cause of this is or a solution, that would be a great help

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Sounds like you have discovered that small items, even insects, can possibly get inside the screen.

Or, something has come loose, maybe part of the LCD mount, or one of the tabs that hold the screen bezel firmly to the top cover. That may be the floating bits that you see.

Take to an Apple store, or authorized repair shop. You may have a warranty repair, but someone needs to see it first.
You could also call AppleCare for possible help, too. They will probably tell you the same - take it in for service.

Reactions: charliematina

DeltaMac

macrumors G3
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Woah - way bigger than I was expecting.
Something has broken loose inside the top (clamshell). Apple service will be able to sort it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: charliematina

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Yep that looks like some sort of broken peice Apple is really your only option other than pay an authorised Apple service centre to replace the screen.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Wow, that's a bummer man. As others stated, your best bet is to call Apple at this point.

Good luck and post back in how you fared.