Please HELP [2 transparent tabs at the bottom of my screen]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by charliematina, May 4, 2016.

1. charliematina macrumors newbie

charliematina

So I purchased a new 15" MBP with retina a few months ago and one day I noticed 2 transparent tabs at the bottom of my screen - they have recently moved to the bottom right corner and if I physically touch the screen or tap in the area where the tabs are they kinda move a lil?

If anyone knows what the cause of this is or a solution, that would be a great help

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sounds like you have discovered that small items, even insects, can possibly get inside the screen.

Or, something has come loose, maybe part of the LCD mount, or one of the tabs that hold the screen bezel firmly to the top cover. That may be the floating bits that you see.

Take to an Apple store, or authorized repair shop. You may have a warranty repair, but someone needs to see it first.
    You could also call AppleCare for possible help, too. They will probably tell you the same - take it in for service.

3. charliematina thread starter macrumors newbie

charliematina

4. DeltaMac, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Woah - way bigger than I was expecting.
    Something has broken loose inside the top (clamshell). Apple service will be able to sort it out.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yep that looks like some sort of broken peice Apple is really your only option other than pay an authorised Apple service centre to replace the screen.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Wow, that's a bummer man. As others stated, your best bet is to call Apple at this point.

Good luck and post back in how you fared.