Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rivozzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
now i have ipad2 64gb 3g + wifi

i heard a few days ago comex saying update tp 4.3.3 because the JB wont support older versions

I updated to latest firmware using itunes

I think the next step was to download the pdf file..but i didnt do and waited because people here are talking about many programs and things i dont understand. i thought i will download the JB and its done..but it seems there is alot of steps ahead of me before i do it

1) tiny umbrella .. i downloaded it and i dont understand what i supposed to do with it
2)this shshs and since i updated to 4.3.3 using itunes .. Am i doomed? and apple will stop signing my device? what the hell that means?
3) some people said dont use tiny umberlla and after you JB use cydia make my life easier.. what the hell is that also?? and in same time they say if on 4.3.3 furthur jb in future wont be possible because of apple signing..i dont know what all thi:mad:s about !
4) i never used a sim yet in my ipad2.. is ipad2 locked and requirng unlock? will it affect the 3g if i ever used?

finally i will wait before i jb till i understand all this mess

rivozzz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
Okay i read it... To summerize..shsh blob saving helps you to downgrade your firmware if u dont like a new release!

But here is 2 problems

1- this said ipad2 3g should not use blobs to downgrade bec apple have updated the security!!! So do i still have to the save the blobs?!!

2-what should i do if i jb in the future when a new firware comes out? Will i be able to update or not?

hammten

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
Okay i read it... To summerize..shsh blob saving helps you to downgrade your firmware if u dont like a new release!

But here is 2 problems

1- this said ipad2 3g should not use blobs to downgrade bec apple have updated the security!!! So do i still have to the save the blobs?!!

2-what should i do if i jb in the future when a new firware comes out? Will i be able to update or not?

Re-read links provided....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.