please help a newbie

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tm0000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

So, I don't really know much about the technical part of computers. I have a 2014 rMBP and I don't know if I should upgrade to Yosemite or not? I've heard that it's not a good idea to upgrade to the new OS when it's fairly new... it's a good idea to wait awhile till all the bugs are sorted out?

So, should I install Yosemite on my rMBP or not? Please help!

Thanks so much

2. miguueeel macrumors member

Do it! your computer its basically brand new, you might run into some minor bugs but its nothing that will damage your computer, or affect you on the long run. All the bugs will be fixed eventually. I have a 2010 mbp and with upgraded 8gb ram and its running really nice, I bet yours will run even better.

3. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

+1

Yosemite was beta tested by 1000s of users before release which has hugely reduced the number of bugs in the first iteration. Go for it!

However, always follow the recommendation to backup your HD before installing major updates.

4. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! :)

----------

Which is the latest version.. 10.9.5 or 10.10?

thanks in advance

5. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

6. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmnn, then why does the app store have 10.9.5 as the latest version for me? Will I get 10.10 only after upgrading to 10.9.5?

7. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

The app store will recommend 10.9.5 in the updates window for your current operating system (Mavericks). If you go to the 'featured' apps window you will see Yosemite for download - this is the new version of the OS.