Please help, about Apple warranty and OS upgrade??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iSayuSay, May 21, 2011.

1. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Okay, so I preordered a CTO iMac with Thunderbolt(the newly 2011 refreshed iMac)

In my country, there is no official Apple Store, but we have Apple Premium Reseller here. I ordered my CTO iMac with i7 and some other upgrades. But they promised me to wait my iMac for around 4 till 6 weeks for it to be delivered, what a painful weeks

How would Apple start the warranty when a Mac is ordered just like in my case? The reseller ordered my CTO soon, maybe Apple would response and ship my order soon too, but when is the warranty started?

Considering it´s quite a long time since they ship it and I get my hands on them?

And again, I want to ask about Lion. According to history, which Mac products eligible for upgrade discount to the new OS? New macs purchased after the release date of new OS? Or some weeks before?

Say my iMac is arrived early June, maybe 10th or 15th, and IF Lion is announced at WWDC, do I still eligible for upgrade discount? Since I did the order about 10th May, but I´ll have my Mac around 10th June

How´s your saying?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Usually the warranty start when the item leaves Apple's warehouse (i.e. ships). I think you can extend it by few days by providing a proof that it was not delivered until certain date.

I'm not 100% sure about the upgrade policy but Apple says it's for purchases made after certain date. Theoretically, you aren't making the purchase until your credit card is charged, which happens when the item is shipped.

In both cases, you can get the most accurate info by contacting Apple.