Please help after 4.1 upgrade from jb 4.01

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Oct 18, 2010.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

Please help. I used package backup, tiny umbrella and backed up my iPhone. Upgraded to 4.1 jail broke restored package backup and now half of my apps crash when I launch them. Anything other than reload the apps that crash?

Thanks

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

what apps are giving you issue? are they 4.1 compatible? i did the same yesterday went through with out a hitch. so without more info we can't help you.. sorry

3. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry. It's various apps that don't work. Once I delete them
    And reinstall from the app store, they then work fine. One thing
    Im unsure of, was I supposed to do a restore from iTunes?
    I didn't because all the apps just reappeared on my phone
    Without a restore. Any ideas? Thanks again.

4. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

Is there anyone that has any suggestions, or do I just need to delete and reinstall every app that crashes? It is not a comparability issue. As I said before, once I delete and reinstall the offending apps via the app store, they work fine. I just lose all of my saved settings and didn't want to have to reinstall dozens of apps. Any advice, please?

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

When you went to 4.1 did you restore to it or upgrade? If reloading them fixes it then that sounds like the easiest way to fix it. You can delete them then sync them back via itunes.

6. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

To go to 4.1, I just plugged into iTunes and hit yes when it said new software was available for my device. The problem with deleting and reloading is that I have 190 apps (most still work), but reloading erases all my stored info.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

The reloading part is easy if you have it setup to sync your apps via itunes. You can try to hook up your phone to your computer, open itunes and right click on your device and select restore from back.