Please help--airport express won't come online...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ceejay1234, Apr 28, 2008.

1. ceejay1234 macrumors newbie

Going crazy over here...

I use airport extreme to connect to cable wireless modem for internet and use airport express to connect my printer to my existing wireless network. All was fine until I changed the channel on my airport extreme to lessen interference with my neighbor's router. Now extreme is fine and internet is faster, but ever since i have not been able to get my airport utility to recognize airport express, which flashes amber. I tried a soft reset, hard reset, restarting macbook, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

2. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

mmm, i want to throw mine at a passing car....becuase it sucks after the last few ae/leopard updates.

I have to do a full factory reset about every 3 days for it to stay connected. People say its a leopard problem, who knows...all i know is its getting real ***** old.

sorry, wish i knew the answer, i am having the same issues

3. Bambeezer macrumors regular

Does the express need to be on the same channel as the extreme? For me, it was easier and a lot less frustrating to connect to the express with ethernet. Then I didn't have to worry about wireless being all messed up.

4. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Do you have it set to 128 bit WEP? If so, it automatically uses channel 11. Don't know if that helps. Wait a minute, maybe that was my old Netgear router, not my Airport Express? I can't remember. Never mind.