please help Airport extreme question!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by billmister, Jul 17, 2011.

1. billmister macrumors 6502

Hello, I am tired of searching on google for the past 20 minutes and it's 1:13am. ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS,

I have airport extreme. I set it up and it runs GREAT!, 5 months later, i don't want to share my network with my upstairs people anymore. I reset to manufactory settings (via network utitlites) and created a new network name and password.

BUT MY LAPTOP, IPHONE, IPODS, still connect to it with the old Network name and password. I mean I think if i delete this netowrk name from my netowrk utilities it should dissapear, but if i can connect, then THEY CAN CONNECT.

I know(or believe) if i press and hold the RESET button in the back for 5 seconds will (should) remove everything and it won't remember my networks in the past.

HOW CAN I DELETE MY PREVIOUS NETWORK NAMES, SETTINGS, SO THAT WHEN THEY TURN ON THEIR COMPUTER, IT WILL DISPLAY TO CONNECT TO A NETWORK SINCE THE ONE THEY CONNECT TO (MINE) IS NOT EXISTING ANYMORE?

Please help

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Google factory reset airport extreme, the instructions are different than just a 5 second hold

3. billmister thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you sooo much

thank you so much for the responds... In the end, you know what it was?

LOL, i go to see maybe something is wrong with my verizon router that is feeding my airport internet.

Turns out, I HAD WIRELESS RADIO - ON

Which means my verizon wireless was ALSO sending out wireless internet. So that's why i can't seeing my old network name over and over. BECAUSE MY NETWORK NAME ON MY AIRPORT WAS CALLED my previous name i used on the airport!!

Also i was looking at my users, and i see a "christen PC". And I'm like, wtf? who is that? And my verizon wireless settings were set to distribute wireless with NO PASSWORD.

Anyway they were using my fast internet, but now it's over!

thanks