Please Help-Applications damaged during Software Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pattoniscool, Jan 21, 2008.

1. pattoniscool macrumors member

After downloading and installing the latest updates for my powerbook G4 yesterday, upon reboot several native mac applications including itunes, address book,and safari give the following error message when I try to open, "The application cannot be opened "NULL" becasue it is either damaged or incomplete". Something to that effect as I am at work. I have tried several reboots to no avail. The updates were itunes, Garageband, and the latest security update. I tried to download the security update separate and reinstall it but It will not let me install it on my local drive. Any help would be apprec iated. Most all of my other apps work like firefox, the office aps, iwork, ilife just fine.

2. nomadix macrumors regular

Howdy pattoniscool:

Interesting - since I installed latest iTunes update onto my G5 iMac 17" Tiger upgrade - i have been getting kernel panics every day - today the only app I had open was Toast and kerneled before disc had completed burning
    About to install a new 500 g hard drive and dual install Ubuntu along with OS X - p i t a this
    good luck

Cheers:

3. mepler macrumors newbie

Similar problems with Security Update

I've had the same affects on my MacBook Pro, but with other applications. My iTunes is slow or will freeze, Firefox closes every 20 minutes or so "unexpectedly," iWeb does the same. My local network connections will not stay open, and my network email program shuts down everytime my computer goes to sleep. In fact, there are few applications that AREN'T affected by the Update. I'm surprised we're not seeing more users report these problems, with other mac users in my area it seems to be pretty universal. If I hear anything related to a bug-fix, I'll be posting it here.

4. nomadix macrumors regular

Howdy Folks:

Interesting indeed - I am working now with my G4 PB 17" 1.6 OS Tiger
    no problems - as I have denied the newest iTunes update on this machine

Surely the way to test this would be to accept this update - yet I am not willing to do this - with the G5 iMac 17' 1.8 I will be installing a new HD ( partitioned ) with fresh install OS X

Is there a way to get an older version of iTunes to avoid this latest update??

enjoy weeks end ?

Cheers: