Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jds4300

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
My daughter is an artist. I would like to find an app that she can use to render/create people from her memory. Is there such an app? Let's say she wants to create an image of a person that she saw who is in their 20's, 5 foot 2 and 140 pounds with brown hair and she wants to recreate a digital image of the person but not with a photo. Is there an app for that? I'd like to surprise her!! Am I looking for a drawing app or a rendering app? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Alimar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
New York State
My daughter is an artist. I would like to find an app that she can use to render/create people from her memory. Is there such an app? Let's say she wants to create an image of a person that she saw who is in their 20's, 5 foot 2 and 140 pounds with brown hair and she wants to recreate a digital image of the person but not with a photo. Is there an app for that? I'd like to surprise her!! Am I looking for a drawing app or a rendering app? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Here is a start. Depending on her age, there are advanced figure drawing apps.

Do you want an app that is entirely freehand? Or one that offers selection of body types and other auto input poses?

Sketchbook Express

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.