Please help: audio quality MacBook Pro (non-retina) vs Dell XPS 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dragonjinse, Jun 13, 2013.

1. dragonjinse macrumors 6502

I am about to buy my first (ever) MacBook Pro and I'm very excited.
    However, I'm concerned about the audio output quality for the MacBook Pro 15" (non-retina)

I'm using Dell XPS right now, and the audio quality is so perfect! It is really clear. However, the motherboard is broken for 3 weeks now.. It is only 2 years old. So I decided that I should move on to Apple.

So how is the audio quality (from speakers) of MacBook Pro 15" (non-retina)?
    I always watch movies and youtube (everyday). So the audio quality is really important to me.

Thanks in advance

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

It's ok. Definitely not a standalone speaker, but good for a laptop.

3. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Not familiar with the XPS audio quality. Unless somebody chimes in that has experience with both XPS and cMBP 15", I would suggest that you take a trip to your local store that has the cMBP on display and check them out in person to be sure. Perhaps a Best Buy, Apple Store, or something similar.

After all, one person's idea of audio clarity can be completely different than what another person's idea of it is.

4. tyua macrumors newbie

it so much depends on things we can't know : the quality you expect, the quality of your hears, if you are an audiophile nor what... anyway if you find that a dell xps sound is great, or at least good enough for you, you shouldn't have any issue with mbp speakers. i use on my own mbp a portable dac combined with a beyerdynamic dt770 pro headphone, beats 99% of audio systems regarding quality.